Monday, August 13, 2007

Truth Lies...

Fumbling through my old raps, I found this lil poem I wrote... God knows when. It was originally called "If Not For Truth"; I found the whole piece a little rough around the edges, so I changed some things here and there to polish it. After all, I'm years in the future now ;-P Nevertheless, I thought I'd share it because it's still very relevant. A little something about the nature of truth...

Is a smile really a smile if the truth is not in it
Is a newspaper of value if the truth is not printed
Yet we smile when it's raining, while seeking umbrellas
And print lies for power, and they'll be best-sellers

When lies become laws, we still must submit
The lie becomes fact just because it is writ
So truth is two-edge'd, according to us
But who amongst us can dictate what we trust

For some say that the truth is resting with man
But I say that truth must be out of our hands
For man is the creature that knows how to lie
He lies to himself and believes his own cry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions