Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Cougar Strut

So, while through a parking lot on Peach Orchard I coasted
With the noonday sun in all of his glory focused
A stout figure cloaked in a sundress approaches
I ease upon the brakes and pretend not to notice

No... in this broad daylight she deliberately bathes
She walks, and a big-band-and-swing section plays
And I can't tell the cloth from her skin by the shade
Like ripe peaches with soft flesh and sweet juices pureed

Brake pedal to the floor, I turn down my young music
If I'd had on a hat, then I'd have surely removed it
The longer I stare, the more slow seems her movement
And with each passing step, the more loudly the boom went

My guess, no less than thirty, and a Girl of the 90's
Still dirty, ever the flirt, as I thought You Remind Me
Back then, young as I was, I never thought she would try me
But, even as a man, she still knows how to make me feel tiny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions