Thursday, September 20, 2007

Remember Me, My Harsh Teachers! (Part I)

Heaviness of white oak bokkens; polish of a secret love's strokin'/
Grip fit to leave gloves smokin'; strength to leave bonds of blood broken/
I came, giant amongst titans, in writin', fightin' with a light pen/
Greater than a sword's might then, but limited by my insight when/
I'd bare a slight grin, incitin' conflict to test the mighty ones/
See the Eros of my ways, like Aphrodite's son, and rightly run/
Nope... that was my process: takin' hits that would bend Colossus/
With logic, take seat at the feat of the great ones as a project/

Seeking advice, my only instruction was to fight, invite the strain/
I took up the Ghost Rider's chains until my lines connected plain/
Questioned the conquerors leavin' me breathin'... found that was the reason/
Communication was encoded like the child of a prophesy teethin'/
Like I was something to believe in, for me such a unique feelin'/
Felt my confidence begin healin', like a fatherless girl I was reeled in/
The battlefield was real then, a wide selection of swords, no shieldin'/
The best defense was killin'; the guild didn't know what it was buildin'/

I remember... the first time I went to bed and slept with victory/
Meant something, because the odds predicted proved so contradictory/
I fought a legend... fought so hard we lost direction in the battle/
Fought so hard it put me on the map with a star and my own capital/

We crashed swords and an X marked it, pupil-to-pupil eyes on the target/
I pushed off with a monopolizing strength, and cornered the market/
Rushed in where he was baitin', I had a change of heart and made room/
He was back with the blade soon, to see this fish filleted they assumed/
Like a knight, he obeyed the moon and cut a fluorescent crescent/
Through my shirt, I came out unhurt, bare-chested, "Is that your best hit?"/
On my hip I kept a sheath; I dipped in like a Renaissance artist/
I told him, "Try that move again, and you'll see where your 'body part' is..."/

That's when the fight started, like a deaf sprinter missing the gunshot/
This guillotine came from behind, almost finished me off with one shot! /
I was shook, a cat in a tree in a breeze from the Pacific/
In hurricane season, the force off this fighter's swing was terrific!/
Death in the cards, I found my technique refreshed with a quickness/
Stole the speed to intercept, my heart pumped with Mercury sickness/
I raised my sheath and he knicked it, snatched out my blade then I twisted/
Ripped through the sheath and sword, then showed him the way that I kicked it/
Right in his chest, he lifted, as if he had tried to catch a rocket/
I dropped my weapon... felt like my shoulder had popped out the socket/
No power left, I picked up with my right and the judges stopped it/
Told me I should save my strength to spit verses on other topics.../

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions