Thursday, September 6, 2007

Apple Blossom (Inspired by Marisa Tomei)

This is easily my favorite of all the poems I've written to date. It was written about a year ago; currently, it's being adapted into a song. I love telling the story of how the idea came to me: I merely looked at a picture, bit into an apple, and *poof*... instant classic.

Enjoy

She's a flower of such promise, so high up over my head
But what I could never hold, I'll enjoy with my eyes instead
Her essence is the fresh scent of an anticipated fruit
But her beauty even as a shoot was crowning to her roots---
If only time would permit, before those roots I’d gladly stand
Extend my hand, give my red apple a gentle place to land
I’d treat my eyes; for a smile I'd wrap and buff her to a shine
But knowing time, I wouldn't waste one single moment with mine
Take her in with wandering nibbles, enjoy her as my treat
To bite is too forward; such sweet is meant to taste, not to eat
…Maybe I can’t resist having one moment of surrender
With such vibrant flavor bursting just beneath skin so tender
Render, to very center, where our cinders meet honeydew
We peek into quenched embers as a future comes into view
One or two; I kneel to plant, remembering that blessed blossom
---From my dream I wake to see time has made her no less 'ossom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions