Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Homeschool

The lunch lady cooks me breakfast
Unless I stay for after-school
Lunch, sometimes, my last meal eaten
Sometimes I really hate the weekends

I go home to an empty house
And several other hungry mouths
And I just can't stand...
But I'm the man; I do what I can

We've got a good momma
She slaves, both nights and days
So we just don't get raised
So, sometimes we misbehave

I'm not allowed to work
They said I have to be fourteen
I can't afford to wait that long
That's why I started doing wrong

When it's time to read I struggle
And in class, my teacher hovers
I know that my teacher loves me
She just isn't allowed to hug me

To hug me, like a mother...
But I don't need to be smothered
I am the first-born son
Lady, I've got a house to run

I've even got myself a gun...
My neighborhood isn't safe
Momma doesn't keep the men away
Love is a game they pretend to play

How did my life begin this way?
My grandma calls me, "Bastard child"
No wonder Grandpa flew the coop
Left Mom and Grandma on the stoop

When Mom was just a little girl
About my age, but not as tall
And Grandma was still young and fast...
I've learned my present's in the past

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions